When I was invited for this podcast interview, I had no idea just how much fun it would be! While only 30 minutes of our chat made it to air, we were actually blabbering away for more than an hour.
Let me tell you, there are few things more fun than clicking with people right away!
I’ll go over some of the key things we chat about in our half-hour conversation, but first I need to shine a spotlight on the wonderful couple who run the ’What Is Family?’ podcast.
About the What Is Family? Podcast
Hosts Ash and CJ are parents to a toddler and co-parents to a 9-year-old, and like the rest of us, they’re just trying their best to navigate this parenting thing without a handbook.
Together, they own a small business called The Lil Moments, where they create self-care boxes chock full of amazing products for busy mums to indulge in much-needed self-care.
Beyond being an amazing resource of knowledge for parents, their ‘What Is Family?’ podcast allows for mums to share refreshingly honest takes on what family means to us.
I’m so happy that Ash and CJ are developing this platform to allow us to have a voice, and feel connected, through what is quite an isolating experience – parenthood.
Keep scrolling to discover some of my favourite moments from the interview, and of course, have a listen!
Adriana Thani on the What Is Family? podcast
Gosh, it’s actually really difficult to pin down my favourite moments from the podcast. There were a lot of really thought-provoking bits of conversation in there!
But here are some highlights that I think you should listen to:
- 01:30 – Learn a little bit what who I am and what I do, and how the chaos motivates me
- 04:10 – What it’s like to juggle work and family
- 05:05 – A little guest star says hello!
- 08:10 – How I look after me – and how it required a massive mindset shift
- 12:30 – Why it took till baby #3 for me to make an intentional change
- 16:05 – How I practice self-care – the exact steps I take to prioritise it
- 18:00 – Acknowledging how societal expectations and conditioning impacts our perception of identity and self-care (such an important thing to unpack!)
- 24:50 – An insight to how this blog and personal brand came about
- 27:15 – Closing thoughts on how you can start prioritising you
Listen to my What Is Family? podcast interview now
I really enjoyed the honesty and candor throughout the interview, and I think you will too!
Thanks again to Ash and CJ for making me feel so comfortable from the get-go, and allowing me the space to get my thoughts out there. I find deep and meaningful conversations to be inspirational and rejuvenating, and if you’re the same way, you will love this interview.
You can listen to the interview directly at any of these links:
Don’t forget to give Ash and CJ a follow on The Lil Moments’ Instagram so you can stay up-to-date on all the episodes of ‘What Is Family?’ and have a squiz at their Deluxe Book-A-Break Box, which is available on pre-order now via The Lil Moments website (you can use my discount code ADRIANA if you’re making a purchase – you’ll get a 15% discount!).
Do you host a podcast? Would you like to have me on board for a chat? Make sure to contact me now so we can make it happen!